Thursday 5 May 2011

Priyanka Kothari, the greedy actor

So much so that Priyanka Kothari wishes to play 'Mamata Didi' in a biopic. The Kolkata-born actor gets chatty about films, fasting and being human

Now that you are over and done with campaigning for Dr Nirmal Majhi, a TMC candidate from North Uluberia, would you care to share your Kolkata experience?
It was fascinating. Though it was tiring to campaign for five-six hours at a stretch in this heat, the experience was enriching. I am mature enough to realize how in spite of having it all, we crib for more. But there are thousands living in villages, who don't have roti, kapda aur makaan and yet, haven't given up on their zest for life. These souls dream of better governance, so that their living conditions improve. In fact, I was telling Zeenatji, who was campaigning along with me, how blessed we are but still keep complaining.

Did you call Dr Majhi to enquire how the polls went in his constituency?
Of course, I did. He told me, that it went on fine and I should come after TMC wins. But what I realized this time around was that after a long time, the voting process was peaceful.

Having interacted with the common people, did you get a whiff of the poribortoner haoa?
Absolutely. I am sure people want a change and TMC WILL come to power. We all are with Mamata Didi. She is the one who can bring a smile to million faces.

Are you fasting so that TMC comes to power?
Oh yes. (Laughs) Sometimes, one needs to give maska to God, right? Added to that a diva needs to be fit and fine, what say? Zeenatji shared some amazing diet tips with me. She used to follow this routine during her "Dum maro dum" days. I am following those tips now. I also wish my forthcoming film, "Bin Bulaye Baraat", opposite Aftab fares well at the BO.

The Left has had a firm base for the past 34 years. Having interacted with the masses, what allegations have they brought against the current government?
I feel, that a single party ruling for 34 years leads to autocracy, corruption and lethargy. People need a change, which in turn, will lead to development.

Coming from a filmi background, how well did you connect with the villagers?
Acting, glamour, looking gorgeous, all these are part of my profession but, at the end of the day, I am a human being. We relate to people because of their emotions. Who they are doesn't really matter.

The TMC seems to have set a trend of roping in Bollywood actors to campaign for them...
What's wrong in it? Even the Congress did it years back. I am always with people, whose aim is the welfare of the masses.

Are you aware that the party for which you are campaigning, has two actors, Tapas Paul and Satabdi Roy as MPs? And this time, other actors like Debasree Roy and Chiranjeet are also contesting.
I know. Debasree Roy is a fabulous actor and the others are equally popular here.

Did you manage to meet Mamata this time?
No, I didn't. But to me, Mamata Didi is an icon. Her simplicity, honesty and ability to connect with
people are her USP. When you see her, you feel, she is one of us and not larger-than-life. In fact, her journey itself is so inspiring, I feel, a film based on her life would do miracles at the box-office.

And who would you want to direct this film?
A newbie director will do justice to the subject.

Who will essay Mamata's role?
Priyanka Kothari, the greedy actor!

You were born in Kolkata and can speak the language quite well. Any plans to act in a Bengali film?
I would love to, provided the role is meaty and it matches my work schedule.

So, do we see Priyanka Kothari as an active politician in the coming years?
Kal kya hoga kisko pata...I live for the moment.


My body's better than Priyanka Chopra's!
So what if she doesn't have a great body of work, in a customized TOI rapid fire, Priyanka Kothari dodged bullets and fired some of her own. Here are some that we managed to bite...

I would only wear shorts in summer. And, the shorter they are, the better! Covering up is so passé! (On being asked what's her fashion mantra for summer)

I would love to give myself a whacky makeover! My directors have always told me that I look good in a no make-up look and I have come to believe that. But I'd love to go wild with my make-up. I love the way
Madonna keeps reinventing herself at every age. I want a crazy makeover. Too much of the same thing gets
boring, right? (On being asked the kind of makeover she'd like to give herself)

I have been complimented about my radiant and glowing skin but, believe me, I have never got a facial done so far in my life! I know it's hard to believe but it's the truth! (On being asked about her skincare regimen)

On a serious note though, she did manage to share some of her best-kept secrets about the body, beauty and Bollywood:

Working out is about loving yourself and
dicipline. I was always inclined towards fitness. I avoid crash diets, drink loads of water and eat seasonal fruits.

The credit for having good skin goes to my parents. I have never used harsh chemicals on my face and relied on natural ingredients like honey and besan. I go to the parlour only for a face clean-up and never for facials and masks. I also stick to a single brand for my make-up.

Priyanka Chopra and I share the same first name. It's a fact that even she has talked to me about. And we often share a laugh about this. I really love the way PC carries herself, though I believe, I have a better body!

I am fasting for Trinamool Congress and hope they win! I love Kolkata and TMC's victory would be a good excuse for me to visit the city again. Talk about fasting and feasting, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment