Friday 5 November 2010

T.I. and Chris Brown 'Get Back Up'

Grammy winning rapper T.I. seems to make all the right moves when it comes to creating music, but not the brightest decisions in his life as he is behind bars again. The latest drop from T.I. is the video for his single "Get Back Up" featuring Chris Brown, another singer who isn't always on his best behavior. The title is quite fitting for the situation T.I. is in at the moment as he was arrested in Hollywood for drug possession along with his wife, Tameka Cottle, aka Tiny.

T.I. is now headed back to jail, but this time for an 11-month period. The sentence may seem severe, but T.I. was still on probation from his last sentencing when he was arrested! In court, T.I. pleaded to the judge for no more jail time and suggested he goes to rehab instead, but the judge clearly was not in favor of this compromise. Police officers could smell marijuana from T.I.'s car. They proceeded to pull T.I. and his wife over. As an investigation ensued, a controlled substance was found in the couple's possession. 

In May last year, T.I. was arrested for illegally purchasing firearms in Atlanta. That trial sent T.I. to prison for 366 days. While in prison T.I. was given the privilege to work on his seventh studio album King Uncaged and shoot scenes for his new film Takers. T.I. also released the single "I'm Back." The track had a very fitting title as it hit the scene when the rapper was released from prison.

Now he has turned himself back into jail, but fans won't be left in a music drought. Along with the video for "Get Back Up,"  T.I.'s album No Mercy hits shelves on December 7. Let us know if you think T.I. will learn from his mistakes and "Get Back Up " or if we will be seeing this bad boy in and out of jail for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment