Friday 19 November 2010

Russell Crowe fussy about roles

LOS ANGELES: Russell Crowe says he's "finickity" when it comes to picking movie roles.

At the Hollywood premiere for his new thriller The Next Three Days, the New Zealand-born star admitted he found it harder to find parts he liked in Hollywood at the moments.

"It's sort of going through a strange little period at the moment, but that's alright you know," the actor insisted, referring to the number of superhero movies being made.

"It's not that I don't get lots to read, it's just that I'm a very finickity person!" he laughed.

In the new thriller, directed and written by Oscar-winner Paul Haggis, Russell plays a husband who takes extreme actions to try to free his wife from prison after she's accused of a murder.

"I don't actually go into it with a pre-determined list of things I want," Russell revealed at the special low-key screening.

"I actually wait for that white light to come down from the sky and I wait to be moved," he joked.

Making a gangster-style hand gesture, Russell teased: "I'm a really old fashioned bloke, I'm old school and proud of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment