Wednesday 9 February 2011

Sanjay Dutt to tell all in autobiography

Now that Sanjay Dutt has turned over a new leaf and settled into married life, fatherhood and a new rigorous fitness regime, he seems poised to also put the ghosts of his past to rest.

He wants to do it in an autobiography. Munnabhai is on the hunt for a ghost-writer to help him pen it all down. If it works out, this will be one racy read considering he's had an eventful life, and that's saying the least.

The star, who is in Bangkok for the shooting of David Dhawan's Rascals, said he was approached by a biographer but the talks fell through.

After that incident, he has not thrown the baby out with the bathwater. He's still nursing the urge to tell his tale and promises to tell all as soon as he finds someone to write it for him.

"Yes, there was an offer but the terms and conditions didn't suit me," he told Mumbai Mirror. He added, "I do want to write my autobiography. But I need to devote time to it and I'm having a busy phase in my career.

I will definitely go ahead with it when I find someone to help me write it. I'm sure it will happen soon." Asked if he would reveal everything, he winked, and said, "Yes."

Here's one story that's going to beat all films that attempt to yoke many strands into one plot line. There will be drug problems, stardom, romances, fairy-tale weddings, divorces, friendships and rivalries.

His memoir can accommodate politics just as much as familial angst. The star, who was arrested in connection with the 93 Mumbai blasts, can even give us inside dope on jails. We're sure his decision has publishers salivating.

The only thing left to do now is to scout for an appropriate ghost-writer. "At an outdoor shoot such as this, I have enough time to talk to someone who asks me questions about my life.

That would be nice. There are so many things...it would be impossible for me to remember everything in one shot," the actor said wistfully. Take your time, Mr Dutt. But do tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment