Friday 25 February 2011

Salman didn't throw me out Kangna

TOI pins the actress down with seven prickly questions...

Charge 1:
Films in which you haven't played an edgy character, haven't clicked.
It would be wrong to say that. Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai did well. But yes, that was more of Ajay Devgn's film.

But how long could I go on playing those whacko characters? I kept getting similar roles but yearned to play other characters and I reached a pint of desperation.

I used to cry and wonder why I was not being offered roles, which could do justice to my talent. I could see that those roles were going to girls who had boyfriends and contacts at the right places. I couldn't make friends.

I was lonely Nobody was even recommending me. Instead of unwinding, I would often be researching drug-addicts or schizophrenics.

Thankfully, times have changed. Today I am in very happy space. I am playing a flirtatious girl in Rascals and Sanjay Dutt's secretary in Dhamaal 2.

Charge 2...
You said nobody was recommending you. But today, Ajay Devgn does.
(Interrupts) That's not true. In fact now, Ajay and I are thinking of not doing films together for two-three years. We are taking a break from each other professionally.

That's how Ajay also feels. We can't make our on-screen chemistry repetitive.

Charge 3...
Its' said that you use names of A-list actors to add to your brand equity.
If I could win so many awards- there are close to twenty lying in my house- without dropping names and without even working with big actors, then why would I suddenly start now? That too at a time, when I am actually doing better for myself.

I suspect sabotage. I know people who bitch about me; they are nice to my face though.

Charge 4...
Salman and you had an issue earlier.
Salman has never had a problem with me. Why doesn't anybody ask this question to Salman? It could be that people misconstrue my introvert nature.

I could never develop friends in this industry. I don't like filmi life and I don't connect to people who say nothing but, 'yeh woh picture kar rahi hai, yeh woh picture nahin kar rahi hai'. Most people are self-obsessed here and can't have a good conversation.

Charge 5...
You have had a wardrobe malfunction more than once at social gatherings. Its' said that you do it for publicity.
I have seen the pictures that were printed. It was definitely not intentional. I would do anything to be left alone.

If nobody believes that, I request the media not to fall prey to my plans. I am too smart. Don't give me publicity.

Charge 6...
You have become a part of Sanjay Dutt's house. You are more close to his wife Manyata than her best friend Amisha Patel is.

If I could be a part of my own household, I would be glad. I haven't gone home for the last three months. How can I be a part of Sanjay Dutt's house and why?

Charge 7...
You gatecrashed at Salman's party in Bangkok and were asked to leave.
I am young, successful and happening. People pay me to attend their parties. Would you close the gates to me if I wanted to attend your party? Salman, who I repeat is a friend, requested me to do a cameo in Ready. Why would I go uninvited to his party?

No comments:

Post a Comment