Thursday 28 July 2011

I live life on my own terms Katrina Kaif

Katrina Kaif will be seen as a rockstar in her forthcoming film Mere Brother Ki Dulhann. The metamorphosis of the actress, better known as the Barbie doll of Bollywood, is stark.

In her last film, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Katrina was seen riding a bike. Definitely a change from the Kat who looked pretty in pink.

"I live life on my own terms. And I work on my own terms. I have always done the best I could. I am not disappointed with the glamour quotient of my earlier films," says Katrina Kaif.

However, she rather loves the new 'bindaas' image. "I am too young to not enjoy these films. This is the fun side of filmmaking. As an actress, I don't see any harm in it," reveals the actress.

But being cool too has its limits. Talking about her rockstar avatar in shorts, the actress says, "Well, they aren't mini shorts. So what's wrong? And you know what, whenever I'll wear shorts, I'll ensure that I won't wear a tight tee." And unlike most rockstars, the actress who is seen smoking in the upcoming YRF film, swears never to smoke or drink on screen again. "That's not even the last thing I'll do.


I have a responsibility towards the society. I shall never cross the line of decency, I know, this far and no further," says Kat.

Katrina however, terms her sudden change in image as growth. And giving all credit to her directors and designers Rocky S and Aki Narula, the actress agrees to the fact that people do notice her more now. "And I am thankful for that," says the actress. She also agrees that her commercial viability has increased. "Being accepted in ad films, give me a big high," she confides.

Needless to say, the change in Kat's image has helped people perceive her as more than just a pretty porcelain doll. According to ad filmmaker Prahlad Kakkar, "Katrina is not being recognised as an actress. Not by anybody. Not in their wildest imaginations. She has been recognised as a star.

She is an object of great desire. She is not only male fantasy, but also teenagers' fantasy. And yes, in the ad world, her position has bettered. Nobody speaks badly about her. Lucky girl, nobody saw her first film with Mr Bachchan.

No comments:

Post a Comment