Sunday 24 July 2011

Can't help if Kareena Kapoor feels insecure Deepika Padukone

Deepika Padukone gets candid about working with Saif, his lover and her own love life...

Would you attribute your success to luck, good looks or being at the right place at the right time?

It's a little bit of everything. I have to admit I was offered all kinds of films before Om Shanti Om but I don't think I was ready then. I had just started modelling. Liril and Close-Up released around the same time, and I started getting offers as soon as that came on air. I think OSO came to me at the right time; I couldn't have asked for more. It was a perfect launch pad.

Aarakshan looks like quite a male-dominated film. Won't you get lost in a film like that?

No, firstly I strongly believe in the film itself. I believe it's a socially relevant topic today. It is a subject that needs to be addressed. What the solution is, I don't know. If you watch the film, you'll realise that I'm torn between my boyfriend and my father, because of this whole reservation system in our country. It is a socio-political issue.

This is the third film you're doing with Saif? What's he like to work with?

He's great to work with. He was fantastic in Aarakshan and Cocktail. I can't think of anyone else who could have done these roles. I am definitely more comfortable working with him now. When you repeat a co-star, there is a comfort level.

Buzz is that his girlfriend Kareena Kapoor doesn't get along with any of his leading ladies. Comment.

Well that's her insecurity I can't do anything about that. But we've had no problems. In fact, when she came to London, we got along well. We went out one night. She was on set and watching the shoot even in Hyderabad. As far as I know, there is nothing wrong. I don't think she has anything to worry about.

Can two actresses be friends?

Of course. I don't know how close you can be, because there is definitely competition amongst all of us. Actually, Shahana (Goswami) is a very close friend. I am surprised that I made such a close friend at this point in my career because after a certain point in your life, you don't know who wants to be your friend for who you are and who genuinely cares for you. How much you can trust them?

Neil Nitin Mukesh recently said on camera that if you were single, he would be the first to be waiting outside your door with a rose. Comment?

I don't know what is stopping him.

So are you going on record to say you're single?

I'm just saying I don't know what's stopping him. He's most welcome to come to my doorstep. He's thinking too much.

You talked a lot about Ranbir on Karan's show...

You know, the sad part is that he and I have moved on. People worry more about us than we worry about ourselves. We're such good friends now; we're at an amazing stage today where, relationship or no relationship, we actually speak almost everyday. We've put all of that behind us. But people still want to go back to what he said/she said one or two years ago. Grow up.

What if Ranbir said he wants you back?

If and when that happens we'll think about it then.

Grapevine says that Ranbir and Siddhartha Mallya have become friends?

You should ask them. I am close to both of them but I'm not going to ask who they are friends with. But we're not hanging out together. That's not happening yet.

You recently bought a new house. Why the move and how does it feel?

It's very centrally located. It's my dream home. I've not had anything easy since the time I started. I didn't want to depend on my parents.

Buzz is that Siddhartha has bought you the flat?

He doesn't even have a house of his own. He lives with his dad. So forget about buying me one.

No comments:

Post a Comment