Wednesday 22 September 2010

Julia Roberts uneasy with praise for smile


Julia Roberts uneasy with praise for smile SAN SEBASTIAN: Julia Roberts said Monday she is uncomfortable with the praise heaped on her trademark wide smile as she presented her latest film "Eat Pray Love" at the San Sebastian film festival.

"Its strange being appreciated for something that is not a skill, that is something that I don't have any control over," the Oscar-winning US actress told a news conference.

"People say: 'where did it come from?'. And I say, well my parents!'," she added. "Its always a funny little thing to talk about, my smile, because it's just part of me like my ears or my toes or anything".

Roberts, a married mother of three, attended the news conference alongside her Spanish co-star Javier Bardem, who plays her doting love interest in the movie.

"It is in every contract that I have that in films men must satellite and follow me, worship me in an every imaginable, conceivable way," she joked.

"Eat Pray Love," based on Elizabeth Gilbert's best-selling memoir of a globe-trotting quest for meaning after divorce, follows Roberts' character Liz to Italy, India and Indonesia as she searches for life's lessons.

Roberts, 42, who won the Academy Award for Best Actress in 2001 for her role as a single-mom-turned-legal-crusader in "Erin Brockovich", was to collect the San Sebastian festival's honorary Donostia Award later Monday.

"Eat Pray Love" is being screened out of competition at the festival, the oldest and most prestigious event of its kind in the Spanish-speaking world.

No comments:

Post a Comment