Wednesday 31 March 2010

Everytime I think of summer

"Everytime I think of summer, my mind goes to Greece. I love the fact that white is the summer colour, but it can be boring. I feel white should be given flair the coming season. I want to make it pop with different variations of blue. This spring is about skirts; they are flirty and fun. But unfortunately, women can't wear them in a country like Pakistan, though I would introduce them in my fashion show." Jannat Shahid's flowy garments
The only designer to emerge from Faisalabad in any credible way, Jannat Shahid of the design duo Jannat & Shahid puts her money on minimizing the fuss this spring.




For Jannat, last spring was about embellishments and long lengths. This year, she feels what would make the most rounds are loose fitted kaftans and less of bright colours. Instead, she suggests on focusing on silver gray, peach, pink and aqua. The major change of spring to her are the cuts of the clothing- simple loose tunics and baby doll styled tops with less add ons.
"Spring is not a wedding season. For this spring, I feel jackets over loose tunics would be the best choice. Winter was about long coats and spring is about minimal loose kaftans and heavily flowy dresses. Chiffon and net are the perfect fabrics. Very very long, flowy and loose tops are the change this spring."

No comments:

Post a Comment